BIR COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
BIR has established a COVID-19 Safety Committee who have worked hard to create safety protocol which comply with State and Federal COVID-19 guidelines. These guidelines are to be followed by all rowers, staff and volunteers (as well as all visitors to the rowing center). Questions regarding our COVID-19 Safety Policies should be directed to email@example.com
BIR COVID Guidance, Requirements and Procedures:
BIR VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
“Full Vaccination” (booster not necessary) is REQUIRED for all rowers, coxswains, volunteers, and coaches.
“Up to Date Vaccination” (which may include a booster, depending on vaccine type and date given) is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
BIR MASK REQUIREMENT
Wearing MASKS indoors is REQUIRED regardless of vaccination status.
BIR COVID-19 Safety Procedures:
1. Stay home if you are feeling sick or had close contact (more than 15 minutes with less than 6’ separation within a 24- hour period) with a COVID-positive person.
Report all positive cases to a coach (your own coach or any BIR coach).*
2. Sanitize hands upon arrival at the boathouse.
3. Disinfect oar and erg handles after use.
4. Coxswains: use a finger cot over the cox microphone mouthpiece. Disinfect cox boxes and radios after use.
5. When erging indoors, space ergs 12 feet apart, open doors and turn on fans. Outdoors, space ergs at least 12 feet apart.
6. Wear a properly fitting double-layer cloth or disposable mask indoors, even while erging.
*If you feel sick or have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID follow current CDC guidance for isolation:
If someone tests positive, we will follow a specific protocol for informing team members who may have been in close contact with the individual (more than 15 minutes with less than 6’ separation in 24 hours). Per federal law, the name of the infected person will be kept confidential.