Adult LEARN TO ROW 2021
Thank you to the many adults who allowed BIR to introduce them to the sport of rowing! If you missed the opportunity to participate in our Summer 2021 Learn-To-Row classes, consider scheduling a private lesson…
If you cannot participate in our Learn to Row classes, or you want a refresher class after returning to rowing after a long absence, we offer private lessons with our coaches.
Private coaching rates:
- $80 for one 1-1/2 hour lesson for up to two people
- $300 for a package of four 1-1/2 hour lessons. Package classes can be split up into several sessions. Two person maximum for each lesson. Those purchasing the four lesson package will receive one month free BIR Membership and unlimited rowing for that month.
To connect with one of our private coaches, email email@example.com stating what you are interested in and possible scheduling needs.
Prerequisites for Learn to Row and Private Classes
All participants must complete the following prerequisites.
Age: Open to ages 19 years and up. For athletes ages 14-18, please check out the BIR Junior Programs.
Float Test: This in-the-water task requires you, under the supervision of a certified lifeguard, to tread water in clothing for 10 minutes and don a personal flotation device in the water. You may do this at any supervised pool. Print the Float Test Form, and have a certified lifeguard complete the form. You will give the signed form to the Learn to Row coach at the first class. We are working with the Bainbridge Aquatic Center to organize a group float test. We will follow up with those registered for a Learn to Row Class when we know more.
Physical Abilities: You must be able to:
- Bend your knees to the squat position.
- Sustain aerobic activity for at least 15 minutes.
- Lift 35 lbs. overhead (with assistance of your teammates) and walk up to 50 yards with the boat on your shoulder.
- Be flexible enough to get in and out of the rowing shell from knee-deep water.
Please contact Kathy Maher, Adult Learn-to-Row Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-484-9128.