Registration for 2022 Spring Crew
Spring Crew is open to all Kitsap County students in grades 9-12 & 8th graders who rowed with us on the water in the fall. All other 8th graders will be put on a waitlist and added upon coach approval and space availability. Teams are divided between “Novice” (never rowed before AND those who started last spring) and “Varsity” rowers. Not sure where you fall? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: BIR currently REQUIRES “Full Vaccination” (booster not necessary) for all program participants and STRONGLY REQUESTS “Up To Date Vaccination” (which may include a booster).
Monday – Friday, 3:45pm – 6:15pm
BIR Boathouse/Waterfront Park
Varsity Team: February 2 – May 23
Novice Team: Feb 7 – May 23
MANDATORY PARENT/ROWER MEETING:
Tuesday, February 1, 7pm via Zoom.
Register to receive the link or email
2022 SPRING PROGRAM DUES & FEES:
DUES: 2021 Annual Membership Dues are $95.
BIR dues cover the entire calendar year.
PROGRAM FEE: $896
REGATTA FEE: $675 – $775 per rower
(and is in addition to program fee).
The Regatta fee is based on the total number of travel regattas and number of rowers registered. The final amount will be communicated by mid-March.
Need based scholarships are available for all who qualify and are handled with complete privacy through our partnership with Helpline House. Learn more by clicking here.
Week 1 – 2: full refund.
Week 3 – 4: 50% refund.
Week 5 and beyond: no refund.
2022 SEASON OVERVIEW:
- Feb. 1 (Tues): 7pm All-Team Meeting
- Feb. 2 (Wed): Varsity Practice begins (M-F/3:45 – 6:15pm)
- Feb. 3 (Thurs): 7:30 – 9pm: Row in College Seminar with Bruce Beall (log into iCrew and click on calendar icon for Zoom link).
- Feb. 7 (Mon): Novice Practice begins (M-F/3:45 – 6:15pm)
- Feb. 12 (Sat): New Rower Float Test/3:30pm/Aquatic Center (more info here: https://bainbridgerowing.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/BIR-Float-Test-Form.pdf)
- Feb. 19-27: BHS Mid-Winter Break (No Practice)
- March 19 (Sat): Green Lake Spring Regatta (NOVICES ONLY) @ Green Lake/Seattle
- March 27 (Sun): Salt Watta Regatta (Novice and Varsity) @ BIR
- April 3 (Sat): Husky Open Regatta (SELECT VARSITY ONLY) @ UW/Seattle
- April 3 – 10: Spring Break (No Practice)
- April 24 (Sun): Lakeside Scrimmage (Novice at BIR); (Varsity@Lakeside Academy)
- April 30 – May 1 (Sat/Sun): Vancouver Lake Scrimmage (All Teams); Vancouver, WA
- May 7 (Sat): Opening Day Regatta (SELECT VARSITY ONLY) @ UW/Seattle
- May 19 – 22 (Thurs – Sun): NW Junior Regional Championships (All Teams); Vancouver, WA
- May 23 (Mon): Last Practice/Work Party (All Rowers)
- June 5 or TBD: Junior End of Season Banquet: for all rowers and families @ BIR
- June 9-12: Junior National Championships (Qualifying Varsity Rowers Only) Sarasota, FL.
Questions? Send an email to the coaches at email@example.com