BIR has now implemented a new online platform called iCrew for all rowing registration, online payments and private group communications.
Who needs to register on iCrew?
1. New rowers: Juniors or Masters who did not row last spring or this summer. Use your own email address as your iCrew user ID.
2. All parents: At least one parent, preferably both (each individually), for each Junior rower. Each parent should use their own email address as their iCrew user ID.
Note: If you are a parent who is already on iCrew as a Masters rower, there is no need to register again (but see below about the JuniorParent “team”).
As you register on iCrew, please check the box(es) next to the appropriate team(s):
1. New Junior rowers: please select the JuniorsAll team and then, in most cases, NoviceBoys or NoviceGirls.
2. Parents: please select the JuniorParent “team”.
Who does not need to register on iCrew?
Returning Junior rowers, i.e. those who rowed last spring or summer have been registered automatically.
However, as many Junior rowers previously used a parent’s email in Bonzi, that new iCrew user ID was set up using the format firstname.lastname (example: tim.goss).
If you are a returning Junior and are not able to log onto iCrew, please see the Contact BIR page for assistance.
Filling Out Your New iCrew Profile In Full
There are two pages in your new iCrew profile: Please make sure all relevant info is filled out on both pages. Most of the fields are fairly straightforward, but not all. So just in case, here is a little extra information:
• Allergies or special needs: Please use this field to communicate any information your coaches or others should know for your safety in an emergency or to help you avoid problems.
• Family Name and Family Key: These are used to link members of a family within iCrew’s database (which helps coaches and the admin team). Family Key is then a codeword/identifier that you all pick, one which is unique to your family. All members of your family should remember to use the same Family Name and Family Key.
• Non-rowing member (near bottom of your profile): All parents who are not also Masters rowers should select this box; by doing so, you can then ignore fields like Birth Year, Tile Name, and Competitive/Recreational choices–the ones that are required of all actual rowers.
• Tile Name: This is what is used by coaches on the Line-ups screen. It is usually your first name and last initial (or preferred nickname)
Please remember to select “My Teams” (near bottom left on Member’s Home Page) to ensure that you receive updates from all your proper team(s):
All Juniors should be on (at least) two teams: The general JuniorsALL team + their specific Boys or Girls Novice or Varsity team.
Rowing fees and 2017 BIR membership dues are now paid via iCrew.
• Log into the ROWER’S (not parent’s) iCrew account. Choose “My Home Page” on the top menu, then “My Payments” on the left.
• Payment can be made by credit card or via an existing PayPal account.
Need to pay by check? Give us a heads-up via the form on the Contact BIR page, and then mail your check to BIR at 221 Winslow Way W., #102, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
Please note that all fees always need to be paid prior to the first day of active rowing in any session/season.
Scholarships: If you wish to make a new application for financial aid, please see the Rowing Scholarships Page.