BIR’s 501(c)(3) Federal ID number for tax purposes is 91-2101122.
Donations to BIR are tax-deductible under section 170 of the US Tax Code, and any bequests, legacies, devises, transfers or gifts to BIR are also deductible for federal estate and gift tax purposes under the provisions of tax code sections 2055, 2106 and 2522.
Bainbridge Island Rowing sends official written acknowledgments at the end of each year for all annual donations totaling $250 or more, and as stipulated in Publication 1771, Charitable Contributions – Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements, that acknowledgment contains the following information:
- Name of the organization;
- Amount of cash contribution;
- Description (but not value) of non-cash contribution;
- Statement that no goods or services were provided by the organization, if that is the case;
- Description and good faith estimate of the value of goods or services, if any, that the organization provided in return for the contribution.
All Form 990 annual information reports from BIR are made available to the public on request for three years after their publication, as per the stipulations outlined in Publication 557 from the IRS.
Click to access Bainbridge Island Rowing’s most recent publicly-filed Form 990 Annual Reports, featuring BIR records of our operations for the past three years.
Please contact Bainbridge Island Rowing’s Treasurer via the button on our BIR Board of Directors page with any questions about your prospective or past donations, either to BIR in general, or towards the completion of the Stan Pocock Legacy Rowing Center in Bainbridge Island’s Waterfront Park.